For increased performance, functionality, reliability and manageability
Is your code easy to change it?
Can you find and eliminate unused code?
Do you understand it?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, you have legacy code that is draining your time, money and resources.
Legacy code is a real problem for application development. With so many developers working on the same codebase over time code can become a tangled mess of inconsistent spaghetti. What can you do about it?
- Find and eliminate unused source code
- Use automate tools to find and fix problems
- Use refactoring to safely modify and restructure your code
In this webinar, Alister Christie, from LearnDelphi.tv will cover the above points giving you the resources and techniques that you can use to quickly improve the quality of your codebase, even without understanding what the code does.
This webinar will be fast moving, but will have information useful to Delphi developers of all levels.
- Subversion - version control system (free - mostly)
- TortoiseSVN - Subversion client as a Windows explorer plugin (free)
- VisualSVN Server - An easy to configure SVN server
- Git - Version Control System
- cnPack - A very good set of IDE plugins and wizards (free)
- Icarus - Analyses your uses statements and suggests how to optimize them (free)
- Pascal Analyser - Static code analysis with a huge number of useful reports (commercial)
- Source Monitor - Monitor many metrics of your source and track them over time (free)
- GExperts - A suite of Delphi IDE plugins (free)
- Refactoring by Martin Fowler
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code by Michael C Feathers
- Test Complete - Automated application testing based on scripts.